From the hill tops to the Valleys, this region is all about serene-living…
Triund is situated in the laps Dhauladhar mountains and is one of the most popular treks in Dharamshala at an altitude of 2826 meters. The weather remains cool and pleasant throughout the year but the best time for the trek is in the summer and spring season.
The trek starts from Gallu Village of Dharamkot and trails through the mixed forest of oak, deodar and rhododendron trees. The Trail is rocky and cuts into steps. On the way, you will find “magic view” cafe. It is situated at a vantage point when Triund is almost 2 km away. You can relax there and enjoy snacks or tea along with a breathtaking view of Kangra Valley.
When you reach Triund, you are welcomed by the large expanse of green pastures and Mighty Dhauladhar ranges just above the eyes. If you are fond of nature it will give you a different fragrance which will hold your eyes wide open and fill your heart full of joy. Triund offers panoramic views of Bhagsu, Mcleodganj and Dharamshala Valley along with distant views of Shivalik hills and plains of Kangra Valley.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Mcleodganj, Dharamshala Himachal Pradesh|
|DEPARTURE TIME||9:30 a.m ( Reporting at 9:00 a.m. )|
- Accommodation is provided on sharing basis in Tents.
- A sleeping bag is provided but for a hygienic purpose, it is advised to bring your own.
- Tea, Beakfast, Lunch,Tea+snacks, Dinner (Day 1).
- Tea, Breakfast (Day 2).
Things to carry
- Warm and comfortable clothes.
- One pair of good quality trekking shoes (water resistant recommended).
- Two pairs of warm cotton socks.
- Sunscreen Lotion or any other cold cream.
- Rucksack/ Bag-packs.
- Water Bottles (try to carry maximum).
- Sunglasses, Gloves, and Hat.
- Personal toiletries and basic medication.
- Torch Light with batteries.
- Insects and Mosquito repellents.
- Free of cost water bottle will only be provided with dinner(Day 1) and Breakfast (Day 2).
- 1-litre water bottle at Triund Costs INR 50. However, water bottles can be refilled at Magic View Cafe for INR 20/litre.
- Availability of Bonfire depends on permission by the Forest department, climatic conditions and group size. If group size is small you will be provided Brazier.
Contacts : 7018093520,9779763583, 9012930601, 9816287033
9:00 am: Gathering (Day 1)
9:30 am: Departure
10:30 am: Starting Triund Trek
1:30 pm: Reaching Magic View Cafe
2:45 pm: Reaching Triund
7:30 pm: Dinner with bonfire